General terms and conditions
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced if the
goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to be a major failure.
Coverage and application
This warranty covers faults in the product construction, material and assembly. Products which are within the warranty period stated below which found upon inspection by an authorised Geberit representative, to be defective in construction, material or assembly, will be repaired or exchanged with an equivalent product free of charge. Replaced items become Geberit’s property.
For the purpose of this warranty “a Geberit product”:
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Geberit; and
- is used in a normal domestic or commercial environment; and
- bears a trademark owned or used by Geberit and
- was supplied by Geberit Pty Ltd, to an authorized reseller or distributor of Geberit; and
- was purchased and supplied either in Australia or New Zealand
Geberit products supplied to manufacturers are expressly excluded and the content of this document is not applicable
For all Geberit products the warranty period is strictly from the date of sale as reflected on the authorized distributors invoice. The period for each Geberit product, is outlined below.
- 10 years on Duofix, Monolith installation frames and concealed cistern tank
- 3 years on inlet and outlet valve products
- 3 years on mechanical push-access plate
Accessories, Taps & Traps
- 2 years on HyTronic, HyTouch, HyBasic and pneumatic products
- 2 years on HyTec UR partition walls
- 2 years on Diseno washbasin trap
- 10 year system warranty for Geberit HDPE, Geberit Pluvia, Geberit Sovent, Geberit PP-HT, PP-KG, PP-SK, Geberit Mapress and 2 years on processing tools
All other Geberit parts and accessories (i.e. batteries) purchased together with the Geberit product are covered under this warranty for a time period of 6 months
The labour for the replacement of products to which this warranty applies will be supplied by Geberit or relevant supplier using licensed trades people engaged by Geberit or relevant supplier within the warranty period.
Geberit and its authorized service plumbers will make all efforts to fix the Geberit product on site. The claimant has to provide reasonable access to the Geberit product during normal working hours to enable the service work to occur.
Spare parts and products sold outside Australia will be replaced free of charge but exclude labour.
If you purchased Geberit products in Australia or New Zealand, the following process applies
1. Contact authorized reseller or distributor where you purchased the Geberit products; or/and
2. Contact email@example.com or 1800 GEBERIT or/and
3. Visit www.geberit.com.au
This warranty will apply only under all of the following conditions:
- The item has been installed by a licensed plumber
- Failure is due to a fault in the manufacture of the product
- Proof of purchase (including the date of purchase) is provided
- The installation of the product is in accordance with the instructions provided
This warranty does not include faults caused by:
- Unsuitable or improper use
- Incorrect installation or installation not in accordance with the instructions provided
- Installation or part installation by the purchaser or any person other than a licenced plumber
- Normal wear and tear
- Inadequate or complete lack of maintenance
- Chemical, electrochemical or electrical influences
- Harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners used on product finishes
- Excessive water pressure
- Incorrect operation or not following operating instructions
- Incorrect voltage or non-authorized electrical connections
- Use of non-authorized/non-standard parts
- Use of non-authorized calculation software
- Repair or other work carried out on Geberit products other than authorized service plumber
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Geberit excludes all liability for damage or injury to any person, damage to any property, and any indirect consequential or other loss or damage.
Phone: 1800 GEBERIT
Office Hours: M-F 8am - 5.00pm