Geberit Limited Product Warranty
Whether you are designing a building or a bathroom, you want dependable, well made products you can trust. With almost 150 years of experience, Geberit products are renowned for their high quality, longevity and reliability, ensuring they will continue to fulfil their function for decades to come.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Geberit products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to be a major failure.
COVERAGE AND APPLICATION
This warranty covers faults in the product construction, material and assembly. Products which are within the warranty period stated below which are found, upon inspection by an authorised Geberit representative, to be defective in construction, material or assembly, will be repaired or exchanged with an equivalent product free of charge. Replaced items become Geberit’s property.
For the purpose of this warranty “a Geberit product”:
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Geberit; and
- is used in a normal domestic or commercial environment; and
- bears a trademark owned or used by Geberit and
- was supplied by Geberit Pty Ltd, to an authorised reseller or distributor of Geberit; and
- was purchased and supplied either in Australia or New Zealand
Geberit products supplied to manufacturers are expressly excluded and the content of this document is not applicable
For all Geberit products the warranty period is strictly from the date of sale as reflected on the authorised distributors invoice. The warranty period for each Geberit product, is outlined below. All other Geberit parts and accessories (i.e. batteries) purchased together with the Geberit product are covered under this warranty for 6 months.
|CISTERNS||15 years on Sigma8 and Kappa concealed cistern tanks and frames|
10 years on installation frames and all other Geberit concealed cistern tanks
3 years on inlet and outlet valve products
3 years on mechanical flush/access plates
|ACCESSORIES, TAPS & TRAPS||2 years on HyTronic and pneumatic products|
2 years on HyTec Urinal partition walls
2 years on Diseno washbasin trap
|PIPING PRODUCTS||10 year system warranty for Geberit HDPE, Geberit Pluvia, Geberit Sovent, Geberit SuperTube and 2 years on processing tools.|
The labour for the replacement of products to which this warranty applies will be provided by Geberit or relevant supplier using licensed trades people engaged by Geberit or relevant supplier within the warranty period.Geberit and its authorised service plumbers will endeavour to fix the Geberit product on site. The claimant must provide reasonable access to the Geberit product during normal working hours to enable the service work to occur.
If you purchased Geberit products in Australia or New Zealand, the following process applies
1. Contact authorised reseller or distributor where you purchased the Geberit products; and/or
2. Contact email@example.com or +61 2 9889 7866
This warranty is effective only if all of the following conditions apply:
- The item has been installed by a licensed plumber
- Failure is due to a fault in the construction, material or assembly of the product
- Proof of purchase (including the date of purchase) is provided
- The installation of the product is in accordance with the instructions provided
This warranty does not include faults caused by:
- Alterations to, or improper use of the product
- Incorrect installation or installation not in accordance with the instructions provided
- Installation or part installation by the purchaser or any person other than a licenced plumber
- Normal wear and tear
- Inadequate or complete lack of maintenance
- Chemical, electrochemical or electrical influences
- Harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners used on product finishes
- Excessive water pressure
- Incorrect operation or not following operating instructions
- Incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections
- Use of non-authorised/non-standard parts
- Use of non-authorised calculation software
- Repair or other work carried out on Geberit products other than by an authorised service plumber
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Geberit excludes all liability for damage or injury to any person, damage to any property, and any indirect consequential or other loss or damage.