How we collect and use your personal information
For us to provide the services you require, we may need personal information from you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, job description, information relating to credit worthiness, and billing information.
We may collect such personal information:
- when you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our website, including but not limited to through our Live Chat or Chat Bot functions;
- when you create an account with us;
- when you participate in event hosted by us or other companies in our company group;
- when you register a warranty;
- when you complete a credit application;
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- in communications from or to you, whether by telephone, email, through mobile applications or otherwise;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when administering any of our services, including competitions, cashback offers and warranties;
- from publically available sources;
- from third parties, such as suppliers, contractors, recruitment agencies, clients and business partners; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
We only collect and use this personal information insofar as it is necessary to enable us to provide our services to you, such as for the purposes of:
- offering and providing our goods and services to you;
- direct marketing;
- inviting you to our events;
- communicating with you (including but not limited to sending you tax invoices, dispatch and tracking information, returns and exchange authorisations);
- obtaining analytic and statistical information; and
- to otherwise manage our business
It may also be necessary for us to pass on your data to companies we employ to perform a related service, such as logistics providers, payment service providers, installers, providers of after-sales service and IT and software service providers. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties (that is, outside of the Geberit group of organisations) for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may disclose personal information between our related Geberit organisations, some of which are based in Europe, the United States of America and New Zealand.
If you have registered to receive regular information updates, you can cancel your registration at any time by telephone, in writing or by e-mail.
Storage of data
We hold your personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage and on third party servers.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
Every time you access one of our web pages, access data is stored in a log file on our provider's server. This data consists of your IP address, the date and time of your file request, the name of the requested file, the name of the file from which the requested file was called up, the volume of data transferred and the access status, a description of the web browser and operating system used, and the name of your Internet service provider. This data is collected for technical reasons. It is analysed for statistical purposes only and without any reference to persons.
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Access and Management
You may request access to your personal information or seek correction of it, by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information, but will not charge you from making the request. We will not charge you for correcting your personal information.
We take all complaints seriously, and ask that you contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details immediately above. We will respond to your complaint promptly.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992