Space-saving drainage of high-rise buildings
Savings in construction through installing fewer stacks
The flow-optimised Geberit Sovent fittings facilitate a cost-effective configuration of stacks in high-rise buildings and take care of pressure compensation in discharge stacks, producing a continuous column of air in the stack. In doing so, they increase the capacity of the stacks and eliminate the need to install a parallel ventilating pipe and the stacks can be dimensioned smaller in many cases, which leads to substantial cost savings in terms of both material and labour.
A system with benefits
Outstanding discharge rate of up to 12 l/s (576 DU's) with a dimension of Ø110 thanks to the patented flow guidance (verified by exhaustive Geberit and independent testing).
- Allows design capacities far beyond the limitations of AS3500.2.
- Increased discharge capacity by 30% against other brands.
- Fewer stacks: Ability to connect more fixtures up to 10 metres from stack, that reduces the number of stacks required.
- Reduce floor penetrations and assorted costs. Saves money and space by using fewer and smaller dimensioned stacks.
- No relief vent stacks: Sovent makes the water in the discharge stack rotate that produces a continuous column of air, which eliminates the need to install a ventilating pipe parallel to the waste water pipe.
- 160mm stack with parallel relief vent stack can often be replaced with a single 110mm Sovent stack.
The fitting is one piece blow moulded, manufactured from the high-strength HDPE and can be combined with Geberit HDPE discharge pipes as a complete system.
- Complete stack fittings delivered to site.
- Stand and clip installation, one weld per floor.
- Custom connection options to suit projects.
- Permanent welded joints completed and inspected by qualified persons in controlled conditions off site.
Can be pre-fabricated to allow easy installation and less groundwork on site.
Increased discharge capacity in a compact design
Conventional drainage connection
- Water in the discharge stack meets water from the branch pipe.
- Rapidly changing pressure situations without additional ventilation would lead to empty suctioning or blowing of the discharge stack.
- Additional ventilating pipe required to compensate.
Geberit HDPE Sovent fitting
- Increases flow capacity up to 12L/sec by balancing pneumatic & hydraulic pressures.
- Offers versatile branch joining options.
- Reduces stack sizes with the same loading capacity as a conventional system.
- No additional ventilating pipe required.
- Robust, leak-proof, lightweight material.
- Can be pre-fabricated to allow quick and easy installation on site, thereby saving significant time.
- Saves costs and space.